Wednesday, November 14, 2007

I "Wood"n't Say It Was A Bad Weekend

Last weekend my folks (Doug and Annette) came to visit us. Actually, the official purpose of the visit was for my dad to attend a banking conference in the city. We tried to show them a good time, but unfortunately I was scheduled to perform an inventory count iat a lumber yard in Modesto, CA. The count took longer than anticipated and I ended up spending 4 hours on Friday night, then leaving at 6:30 am to continue the job on Saturday. I never thought my accounting degree would land me in Modesto, sweating like crazy, and armed with nothing but a pen and tape measure. Stay in school, kids.

So all I had time for with my parents was a nice dinner on Thursday night, and a quick dinner Friday. Jaime, on the other hand, spent the entire afternoon shopping with her mother-in-law. Just what every newlywed dreams of. (Just kidding mom, she had a good time)

Sorry no pics of the visit or the lumber yard. We're still new at blogging and don't have our cameras at the ready 24/7.

2 comments:

Doug & Annette said...

We had a great time with Jaime and you at both dinners. I'm just happy to see you get into real life work with that BYU Macc (counting sticks of wood). Those accountants can do almost anything!

Eric said...

Wow....Dad was the a shot at BYU grads. I think i like it. Just Kidding.