Wednesday, November 14, 2007

G-OLD-en Curry

Last night Nate and I tried our hand at making curry. It was a first for both of us made easier by a box of curry paste I bought awhile ago and carted with me here to San Francisco-one of the few items in my cupboard to make the journey.


Part way through the dinner, I started thinking back to how long ago I purchased the box. It really didn't seem to long ago until I started putting together a bit of a timeline. Running to the trash I pulled out the box and looked at the "Best Before Date." When I saw it, I was almost too embarrassed to show Nate. June 13, 2004. Yikes! Hopefully I didn't poison him. We figure I bought the box the summer of 2003 and have carried it around with me since. I always knew I wanted to make curry sometime and just couldn't part with it. It tasted good. I wonder if it would have tasted that much better 4 years ago?

3 comments:

Edwards Fam said...

I love the heading on this post. Very cleaver!! Jaime, you'd be surprised the outdated food Grandpa Weed had at his house. My mom and I went through the kitchen cupboards to clean and realized we had a lot of things to throw away. Some cake mixes from 1998, and cans of clams from who knows when. I'm glad you survived:)

Edwards Fam said...

I knew "cleaver" didn't look right--I am back to change the word to "clever". There, that's better:)

ken said...

Haha... you guys crack me up! So many funny headings. And that comment is funny-- I was just thinking that that's something that happens at my grandpa's house :) That is hilarious--I love the adventures the boys go through with new wives cooking :) I'm sure you've had less crazy mess-ups than me, but it's still fun!!