Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Thanksgiving in Portland

For Thanksgiving this year we headed to Portland to celebrate Thanksgiving with my brother's family and my parents, who also drove into town. My brother's oldest son, Tyson, was going to be baptized the Saturday after Thanksgiving so we decided to travel there for the holiday. Since I am singing with the Temple Hill Choir we had to be back for a performance that Saturday night so we missed the baptism but it was so fun to be with family, even if it was a short trip!

Preston had so much fun with his cousins. With three boys in my brother's family there were tons of boy toys in the house and Preston just couldn't get enough of them. He played and played and played. I guess we don't have cool toys like that at out house because our toys don't entertain him nearly as long.

We arrived in Portland early Wednesday morning and made a quick stop at VooDoo Donuts to check it out. It's kind of a cool, local joint with crazy donut concoctions. I wished I could have just a bite of each type of donut to try them all out. Definitely a place to check out again just to try a different flavor!

I always kick myself for not taking more photos. We spent Wednesday and Thursday just hanging out, watching movies and playing games, and of course enjoying a delicious turkey dinner.

Friday we braved the crowds and went to the mall for a bit before heading to Mt. Hood to ride the "Polar Express" train. What a fun event for the kids! They got to see Santa, enjoy hot chocolate and cookies, and even take a bell home.

We loved spending a few short days with the family!

Playing with Dad and showing off one of the cool toys he found

Playing Angry Birds

Outside the "choo choo tracks" before the Polar Express ride

On the "Polar Express" train

Chatting with one of the leves on the train


Getting his bell from Santa

No comments: