Monday, December 12, 2011

Zoo for turning 2!

On Preston's birthday we went to the Zoo - just Preston and me! It was so fun. We just got a zoo pass for the year and this was our first time using it. Originally I was just going to do errands on Preston's birthday but the morning of decided we should do something fun instead. It was a beautiful day and perfect for the zoo. We took a picnic lunch and spent time exploring together. Periodically I would break out and sing "Happy Birthday" to Preston and every time he would start giggling.

He loved watching the elephants, especially because there was one close to the fence that was eating grass with its trunk. He also loved the warthog that another kid kept calling "Pumba". Preston started mimicking the other kid saying "Pumba" as well. Randomly to this day Preston will start talking about Pumba and it's been a few days since we went. On Sunday he even started talking about the pumpkin that had been in the warthog's area. I had totally forgotten about it until he mentioned it.

I love it when Preston talks about outings days after the event because then I know he really had fun!



A tunnel to view the Meerkats. Preston was scared to go in until a few other kids ran in and then he followed right away.




Preston attempting to open his gifts without permission and before Daddy got home. I ran down to grab his new car out of the car and was gone only a minute. When I came back up he had climbed on the chair and had already started ripping the package open. I couldn't believe it. He had THE biggest smile on his face.

No comments: