Thursday, February 14, 2008

Digital Scrapbooking?

Lately I have been wanting to get into digital scrapbooking. The way I see it, there is no paper mess, no trying to find places to store all the extra supplies, and you have the ability to manipulate the photos like shrinking them to fit, changing colors, etc.

Nate and I created our wedding sign in book and loved every minute of it. Since then, I have wanted to start documenting our life together. We invested in Photoshop Elements when doing the wedding book and it is absolutely wonderful but since then I have wished it had more of the fun papers, ribbons, cool fonts, and embellishments you can find with paper scrapbooking. Well, today I stumbled across a site that offers digital "freebies" for those type of things and downloaded a bunch. The site I found was http://www.freedigitalscrapbooking.com/


If anyone knows of other great sites, please let me know!

My first digital scrapbook page!

Below are pages of our sign in book from our wedding. Ambyr, these are for you! Plus, we love them and are always willing to share! :) These are just 4 of about 20 pages and some of our favorite.


5 comments:

Kristen Parnell said...

That's awesome-- your pages look so good! You just did that in photoshop? I got a program Memory Mixer for Christmas, and it's an amazing program, but we haven't gotten Ken's computer all situated yet so that it works. Long story. But I'm excited to try it and likewise feel that I want to make a scrapbook for each year, or something like that. Also think it would be so fun for presents to grandparents when we have kids. Anyway, that's fun. And I LOVE your pages from sign-in book-- can't believe you guys just figured out how to make them and they look that good!! I want to see the other 16.... love them!

Kristen Parnell said...

p.s. I've heard that these are good sites to check out and find freebies... My sis-in-law uses the top two...
www.shabbyprincess.com
www.twopeasinabucket.com
www.designerdigitals.com
www.digitaldesignessentials.com
www.digitalscrapbookplace.com
www.scrapgirls.com
www.scrapbookflair.com
www.sweetshoppedesigns.com

meagan said...

Amazing! Your pages look increadible. How great that you found a free site... thanks for sharing.

The Moore Family said...

Hi Jaime! I was excited to hear from you! I had know idea that you had a blog. It looks like you two are doing great! I love your pictures. I started to digital scrapbook last summer and I totally agree with you, it is the way to go, no mess and clutter! Oh, and you have tons more options too! Keep in touch!

Ambyr said...

Thanks for posting those pics! SO CUTE! We are totally doing that for my sisters wedding. I love it! When can I come over to see the whole thing?