Thursday, January 31, 2008

Drive of Empowerment

So, many of you may not think this is a big deal, but yesterday I drove into the city all by myself! I was rather proud of my accomplishment. Nate has always driven in the past, a task I would rather not deal with. There is something about big city driving with all its one way streets, parallel parking, crazy pedestrians, trollies, and unknown streets that frightens me. Even growing up, I hated driving into "downtown" Boise for the same reasons, but it's nothing compared to San Francisco.

However, I had some interviews in the city and they were spaced so that if I rode public transportation I wouldn't have time to come home in between but if I went directly from one to the other I would have over 2 hours to wait. Plus, I would have walked for about 15 minutes through a rather remote area. So, I sucked up my fear and got behind the wheel. Everything went smoothly and I even think the interviews went well. Cross your fingers! The end to a long process may be in sight.

I had to take pictures because I was so proud of myself. It was definitely empowering to overcome my fear.

I was greatful for sunny weather as I tried to find my way around.

Nate says I look mad in this picture. I was just concentrating on where I was going.

5 comments:

erin said...

Hey Jaime,
In regards to your comment, yes, Derek is also my cousin! They are both from my dad's side of the family, which all live in Boise. How funny that you know Jake. :)

ken said...

i know how scary that city is to drive in sometimes! you should try it with a stick shift! i saw that you went to half moon bay. i am so jealous. i can't tell you how many memories i have of that place, from "falling" into the water on a school field trip when we were not suppose to get wet to my family getting nailed by a sneaker wave and half of us dragged into the ocean. Did you know at low tide you can walk across to the island?

meagan said...

That is a feat- good job. I still get nervous (and lost) when I drive in the city. Happy birthday to your siblings. Thanks for being such a great friend.

Petersons said...

Hey Jamie!
I'm so glad you gave me your blog account! I am so proud of you for driving into the city all by yourself! Are you going Tuesday to the temple? If you are maybe we can go together and I could drive or something? I don't like driving that far by myself so just let me know.
siera

Petersons said...

Hey Jamie!
I'm so glad you gave me your blog account! I am so proud of you for driving into the city all by yourself! Are you going Tuesday to the temple? If you are maybe we can go together and I could drive or something? I don't like driving that far by myself so just let me know.
siera