Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Bocce Ball Craziness

I just thought it would be fun to fill you in on a little funny story regarding our Christmas adventures. Nate and I set a dollar limit on our Christmas giving this year. A few weeks previously, Nate and I had gone shopping to the outlets and purchased him some new shoes for Christmas, which took up a good portion of that dollar limit. So I was limited in what I could get him that would be a surprise. I decided on 2 gifts: an umbrella (which he desperately needed) and a nice bocce ball set (one of the pastimes we enjoy). I knew with the weight of bocce balls there was no hope of carrying them to Utah with us so I was planning on just giving him the umbrella in Utah.

However, just about a week before we were to leave it was raining really really hard and Nate needed an umbrella. Reluctantly I let him open the one Christmas gift knowing it would leave only the Bocce Balls. I still wanted to be able to have him open a gift in Utah on Christmas day so decided to print off a picture of the set I ordered online and wrap that. Imagine my surprise when the night we were to leave to Utah Nate gave me the gifts he had gotten that were to big or heavy to take and among them was a bocce ball set! He was so excited about the bocce ball set that I didn't have the heart to say anything my plans but I started going into a panic realizing I didn't have a gift to give him on Christmas day. Who would have thought we would give eachother the same gift!

As luck would have it, his cologne bottle broke on the airplane ride to Utah and I was quickly able to go to the mall Saturday afternoon and retrieve a new gift-a new bottle of cologne.

No comments: