Monday, October 31, 2011

Pumpkin Patch in Brentwood

Last weekend Nate's family was here. It's always fun to have family come visit! We decided to take a little trip out to Brentwood, CA to get our pumpkins from a real pumpkin patch. After our visit to Boise, where my parents picked their pumpkins directly off the vine, I wanted to find something like that in California. And, it was tough! Believe me. I searched for awhile before I found one. After a short, scenic drive we arrived in Brentwood. I loved being in the agricultural community. Many of the farms/orchards will let you go pick your fruits and vegetable directly out of the field! I definitely want to go back and do this sometime. The pumpkin patch was a real experience with a barnyard sing along, feeding chickens, picking pumpkins, etc. We sure had fun! Preston was so proud of the pumpkin he picked out and loved carrying it around. He's been obsessed with the pumpkins on our porch ever since having to make sure they are all still there.







Helping play an instrument - shaker - during the barnyard sing along.


This one!



No comments: