Friday, July 1, 2011

Mirror Re-Do

Over two years ago we bought a mirror at Williams-Sonoma's sample sale. It was a really cheap price for the item and I loved it. In the warehouse it was a gorgeous off white color. When we got it home - I realized it was more of a yellow color and just didn't seem to look right anywhere. It sat in a closet forever because I didn't know how to change it. I loved the character it had and was so scared to mess it up by trying to paint it. However, I finally realized the only way we would use it was by changing it.

I took the plunge. I started by sanding it down, then priming it. After that I spray painted it blue and put on a glaze tinted dark brown. Overall, I think it turned out great. I do miss some of it's previous character but it is now usable for our home.


1 comment:

shannon said...

Found your blog! cute posts! and good job on the mirror.