Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Volleyball - Love it!


For the past 11 weeks I have been playing volleyball on Monday nights as part of a team for a city league. The girl who put together the team had to ask me multiple times. The only reason I said okay was because they were short one girl player and weren't going to be able to sign up. I hadn't played in 10 years or so and was worried I would make a fool of myself.

But, I absolutely LOVED playing again. Yes, some of my skill is gone. And, yes, we weren't great and lost every game until the last one but it was still fun. I keep asking myself why I never played intramurals in college.

Nate filled in last night since two of our guy players were going to be gone. It was fun to play with him too. We may have to start finding a regular babysitter so we can continue to play together. The next season doesn't start until the fall. What am I going to do without my Monday night volleyball games? It was so good for me to be able to step out of the "mommy" role one night a week and do something I used to love.

2 comments:

Ashlee said...

I'm so happy that you've found something that is enjoyable, active and allows you to something outside of being a mommy. P.S. I love the picture you used! She looks like a one-legged volleyball player :)

Jenn said...

Volleyball IS fun! :)