Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Blessing Weekend

Sunday Preston was blessed in church. We were fortunate to have many family members come in to town for the weekend. We have great families! Nate did a wonderful job on the blessing.

Preston was a little spoiled over the weekend with all the arms ready to hold him, even while sleeping. Monday after everyone was gone he reverted back to his old ways and refused to let me put him in his crib to sleep. Every time I put him down he would cry and the minute I picked him up he would be sound asleep. He just wanted to be held to sleep. Ah- the training starts over again! (I do have to say he's doing much better today. He's actually taken his naps in the crib.)

He also giggled for the first time this weekend. It melted my heart! What a cute sound. He's been close to giggling before but this was the first full on giggle. We haven't been able to elicit the same sound since he giggled but luckily there were several people who witnessed it.


Playing with Daddy


Sleeping in Great-Grandpa Defries' arms


Giggling for Mom


Gorgeous weekend in SF


Blessing Outfit - Grandma Jacobson made the bowtie


Four generations photo


Jacobson family who came


DeFries family who came


Preston with Great Grandma and Grandpa DeFries

2 comments:

Alex said...

I love the bow tie. He is so cute!

Jenn said...

haha, you'll notice on the picture of the Jacobson family that the hand on mom's shoulder looks like mine! It's really dad's! :D I looked at it and thought, "do I really have that big of hands?"