Sunday, July 27, 2008

San Francisco Stake 80th Anniversary Celebration

Our stake is having a massive celebration to commemorate 80 years since its formation. To help celebrate, the stake has come up with tons of activites that will help us learn about the early saints who settled in California. Yesterday, the stake held a picnic at a local park where there were games such as panning for gold, handcart races, and more.

The day was a success and the weather perfect. At church today, there wasn't a single person who attended the picnic yesterday that didn't have a little rosy look to their complexion. Nate and I came home a little more red than we would have liked.

2 comments:

The Watts Family said...

I love your blog Jaime!!! You have the cutest layout and header, I am jealous of your skills. : ) It looks like you guys are doing good and enjoying your time in SF. I loved it there when we went to visit.

ken said...

look at you two! I'd follow you guys across the plains if you were my camp captains! If we ever get kicked out of the west and have to move back to illinois I call your team. Miss you guys

ken