Sunday, July 27, 2008

Full of Surprises

San Francisco never ceases to amaze me with how much it has to offer. With a festival for almost anything you can think of, there is always something new and exciting to discover. Last week while at work, there began to be a buzz around the office. I noticed tons of people standing at the window watching the bay. I gazed out to the bay in time to see a tall ship sail by with a large American Flag blowing in the breeze: a gorgeous sight!



The tall ship marked the start of the Festival of Sail. For the remainder of the afternoon, the bay was a fury of ships and boats of every kind. It was an amazing site. I have never seen so many ships on the bay at one time. I watched old naval ships go by, several tall ships, barges, and tons of sailboats. This picture, sadly, doesn't do the parade of sail justice.





The next day I was surprised when I arrived home from work to find Broadway in Millbrae blocked off with a live band, the Hot Rods, performing in the middle of the street. They performed old hits such as Buddy Holly, the Beach Boys, Chuck Berry, Credence Clearwater Revival, etc. In addition, Broadway was full of old cars from the 60's and 70's. Some were pretty cool. Nate and I had a great time joining other people in the streets dancing to some great tunes!



1 comment:

Doug & Annette said...

You guys have seen some of the coolest things in SF