Saturday, June 14, 2008

Ebelskivers

Ever since I started working at Williams-Sonoma I have wanted to try out their Ebelskiver Pan, or otherwise known as filled pancakes. Over the past few catalog seasons they've had the most amazing sounding recipes including apple filled, lemon mascarpone filled, blueberry filled, graham cracker banana filled and soon to come raspberry filled.

This weekend I brought home a sample of an ebelskiver pan and we made our first attempt ever to make Ebelskivers. We made banana with vanilla pudding filled, strawberry jam filled, and chocolate chip filled ebelskivers.

I think they turned out rather well. If I didn't know better I would think they were straight off of Williams Sonoma's website. Check it out! Can you tell which ones are ours? (Okay, maybe you can since we don't have the same photography capabilities, but overall I think the ebelskivers look pretty dang good!)



2 comments:

howelltree said...

Your Ebelskivers look great! We grew up eating those...not the fancy filled ones, just ones with plain batter. My grandma has Danish heritage and she was so proud of those little puffed pancakes. She would make them for us ALL the time. She had a few of the pans and I've debated whether to buy one or not. Maybe I'll have to look into the ones that Williams and Sonoma has.

Christian and Stephanie said...

YUMMY! Very impressive...You're quite the little Martha:)