Thursday, December 6, 2007

O Christmas Tree, O Christmas Tree!

"O Christmas Tree, O Christmas Tree; Much pleasure thou canst give me!" Last night Nate and I went to find our 1st Christmas Tree. Up until now, December hasn't felt too much like Christmas with the weather in the 50's and no snow. Picking the perfect tree was a tough one. We went to the local Trader Joe's and after looking through every tree found the PERFECT one, not only because it was the perfect size for our apartment but also fit within our budget. (Okay, there really weren't too many to choose from.) We then spent the rest of the evening decorating it.



Afterwards, we opened our first Christmas present! Last weekend my parents gave us a gift saying we could open it whenever we wanted. Then almost every day I have talked to my mom since (which is everyday), she has asked if we've opened it yet. To my delight, it was a nativity set! Now we have two Christmas decorations in our apartment: the Christmas tree and the nativity!

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas!

2 comments:

Alex said...

Fun! I laughed when I saw that your "perfect" Christmas tree was little! Bigger than the one I have though! Sounds like you guys have it set for Christmas this year. I don't know about opening presents before Christmas though. That's a little sneaky!

erin said...

Hey, I think your Christmas tree is great. :)