Monday, July 23, 2012

Boating at Lucky Peak

I forgot how pretty Lucky Peak Reservoir in Boise is. We didn't own a boat growing up so my few experiences at Lucky Peak were with our youth group or a few times with friends. Now, after having been boating several times with Nate's family I appreciate the reservoir a little more. It's bigger than I remember and a lot prettier than I remember. Wade was a champ on the boat. I think the life jacket fits him a lot better than it did Preston at the same age. Preston just had such big cheeks that they got squished. Nate loved getting out on the water to wakeboard - even if it wasn't the board he was used to. I enjoyed a nice, relaxing tube ride. It was fun to take Preston out on the tube, too. We weren't sure how much he enjoyed it because he asked to get off but then immediately asked to go again. I think he just didn't know what to think about it. All in all - it was a fun afternoon. Now occasionally when we are in the car Preston will pretend his car seat it a board and tell us to, "Hit it." It makes Nate rather proud to hear his little boy utter those words.











1 comment:

Annette said...

Looks like the boys are ready for Lake Powell :)