Thursday, August 11, 2011

Jelly Belly Factory

Last week Preston and I had outings planned most of the week, which resulted in Nate accusing me that I played all week. It's true - I didn't do the laundry, any cleaning besides the every day stuff or grocery shopping - but I wouldn't call motherhood all "play". Our trip to the jelly belly factory with a few friends was definitely not play - although it should have been.

It was one of those outings where I was glad I went but it really wasn't worth it. Preston was a bit of a pill. I guess I don't blame him - really. The wait to get onto the tour was about 35 minutes waiting in a line and the tour itself was about 30 minutes. Both were way too long for an energetic little boy to be confined. In addition, Preston tends to get a little aggressive when he gets over stimulated and over excited. By the end of the tour I was one flustered mommy and Preston was one cranky boy.

I also made the mistake of trying to take my stroller in hoping Preston would sit in it some of the time. Who was I kidding? My poor friend ended up pushing the empty stroller half the time because I was busy chasing a run away child.

This solo picture we got is a sad one but I guess it fits with the whole trip. Nate told me I shouldn't post it because it's so awful. He told me it looks like American Gothic. Do you see any resemblance? Maybe just Preston?


1 comment:

Kim said...

1. I think this is the only time I've seen Preston without a smile.
2. I've been meaning to go to the Jelly Belly Factory every Christmas vacation for years. I'm sorry it wasn't more fun...