Sunday, September 13, 2009

First Baby Quilt

A few weeks ago I dragged Nate to the fabric store to pick out some fabric so I could make a raggedy quilt for our new little one. After browsing up and down the isles for way too long -thanks for being patient Nate -I finally settled on some fabric I thought was "just okay". The pattern called for nine fabrics and trying to find that many that looked good together was really hard.

Last week I finally finished the quilt and still thought it was just okay - but then after we washed it and the edges started to fray and get the raggedy look I decided it may not be so bad - in fact, I kind of like it!

8 comments:

Jacobson 'Ohana said...

Looks cute. Now all you need is that little baby to wrap up in it!

Amy said...

How cute! I didn't know you guys were having a baby. Congrats!

Doug & Annette said...

Jaime, It looks great, you did a terrific job! Fray quilts are my favorite for babies.

Jenn said...

Cute! You did a great job

Jessica and Bryce said...

Wow!!! I LOVE the quilt. You are really talented!

meagan said...

What a great idea. You are very talented... baby nate will love his blanket!

Tolbert Family Blog said...

So cute Jaime! I absolutely love it! You're a pro.

The Jacobsons said...

Jaime it looks so good! We are so excited for you guys!! Can't wait to love and snuggle him!