Sunday, August 30, 2009

I scream, you scream, we all scream for ICE CREAM!

This past weekend Oakland celebrated the "Eat Real" festival at Jack London Square. The festival is centered around delicious and sustainable "street food" where you can go talk directly with the farmer or producer and sample their goods for a small price. Friday night they featured local ice cream vendors - so we couldn't pass it up. We had ice cream made from goat milk, organic gelato, and the best part was that some of the flavors were not the most common: basil, salted almond, orange chocolate chip, yogurt, etc.

What a perfect date night!

5 comments:

Jacobson 'Ohana said...

I'm grossed out by the tongues but the cone looks good.

Doug & Annette said...

What a great way to cool down on a hot SF weekend

Larsen's said...

Oooooh, that is right up my ally - I just love trying funky ice cream flavors! So far my favorites are garlic, and lavender, and rose...OK, I love them all! :)

Jenn said...

Yummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmy I love ice cream! :)

Jenn said...

Well I had to get my lock for BYU and I knew how to handle that one but East have their locks built in so I didn't need one. I still knew the procedure though.